I don’t know if you all remember back to two weeks ago (I can barely remember what I did two days ago usually!) but I was trying out a new shaving soap recipe!
It seemed like everything was working great until I poured and the oils started to separate. After getting frustrated that yet another batch of shaving soap was failing on me I decided to be stubborn. I kept mixing the oils back together every 30 minutes or so until I went to bed that night.
Woke up and the oils were still separated. In one last effort I mixed them back together before I headed to work. I expected to come home to find the oils separated again and was prepared to dump the batch, but surprise, surprise they hadn’t separated! I didn’t know what to expect at this point…but figured I’d leave it in the mold and see what happened…well two weeks later and it’s starting to harden! It’s almost to the point where I can probably attempt to take it out of the mold, but it’s still super soft.
Last night I attempted to pull the sides away from the mold to see if it came away cleanly (or crumbled like my previous failed batch did). The sides seemed to remove cleanly! I’m going to give it a few more days in the mold but I’m crossing my fingers that maybe my stubbornness saved this batch…
It’s so soft that I image it’s going to take months (if it does remove from the mold) to completely cure before this soap is usable…but I’ll wait months if it means the batch didn’t fail on me!
If the batch worked (that’s still a big “IF”) the first three people to comment on this post can be a tester for this soap (a couple months from now probably…but sign up it you want to :))