I had it in my head I wanted to try and make a “city scape” landscape soap. I knew I’d make the building outlines out of black so I poured that first batch. I’d over calculated though and had a fair amount of extra soap–all black soap! I wanted to do something with it but didn’t know what. I decided to split the remaining soap up and add some titanium dioxide to part of the black to get a gray and then I did an in the pot swirl and poured them into my cube mold (I’m fast falling in love with this mold :))
When I went to make my city scape (see picture below – Not quite what I was going for, but I tried it and that’s what I wanted to do) I knew I’d have enough left over soap that I could make a small 2.5 lb batch and embed the swirled cubes I’d poured the other day. I figured since I had black and gray that white would be a good color to go with it so I made the batch white, embedded the cubes and didn’t think much of it…until the next day when I cut it.
I must have been subconsciously thinking I could stamp these bars, because I unintentionally embedded them off centered. Once I cut them I knew instantly that stamping them would look awesome. I just adore how these came out! I’m going to use a similar technique now to make some cherry-almond soaps! Stay tuned for those.
Pictures GALORE! Sorry, I couldn’t narrow my choices down :)