The summer is coming to an end. I always hate to see it go. I love the summer. It’s warm. I’m more relaxed. Days are longer. As I write this at the end of August the kids are all back in school, it’s getting darker sooner, and the weather is already starting to cool down. I’m really not ready for summer to end. *sigh* August was a good month. I was super busy working in the studio, but I also took about 2 weeks off and did a family trip for half a week and then another 5 days visiting friends and my sister. Let’s jump right in!
August 1, 2019: Last of my Fall Soaps
Mulberry Soap and it smells soooooo good!
August 2, 2019: Lip Balms and New Labels
Had a marathon day of making and labeling lip balms. Oh so much fun! (Ha, just a little bit of sarcasm in that statement).
August 5, 2019: Bath Bombs
That was followed up by a marathon day of bath bomb making. Still more to make, but they won’t happen until September. I’ve enough to get me through for now.
August 6, 2019: Bath Bomb Failures and Packaging
And by batch 16 my luck ran out and I had a failure. I thought they might be okay, but when I came back the next day they were all cracked.
August 7, 2019: More packaging
So much packaging!
August 9, 2019: Experimenting with Shower Steamers
Experimenting with shower steamers and my new moon press. I’ve a lot more experimenting to do, but I need to find time!
August 11, 2019: Markets
Markets continued the first two weeks of August.
August 13, 2019: Dryer Balls
Ugh. Yes, its that time again where I need to restock on dryer balls. This is just step 1…12 pounds of wool…it’s gonna take me a while to get all these done.
August 17, 2019: New Labels & Fairy Dust Powder
And that failed batch I smashed up and turned into Fairy Dust. Then I took my failed premixed dry ingredients and turned them into fairy dust too.
August 18, 2019: Soap
Farmhouse Cider! One of my favorite scents!
August 20, 2019: Fall Labels
Printed the fall soap labels and started packaging them all!
August 21, 2019: Captain America Soap
And crazy me got this idea for making a Captain America soap. The first round wasn’t bad, not completely what I was going for. I’m experimenting again. I’ll figure out how to get it just how I want 😀