Every batch of soap teaches me something…

Lesson learned this go around: Don’t double batch the batch size for my Shea Butter recipe.  I do okay when I half recipes (though after one disaster I always double check my lye and water measurements).  But doubling batches doesn’t always work.

I wanted to make more Shea Butter soap since my trial batch came out so nicely.  I wanted more than just six-eight bars though so I figured I’d double it…it did okay until the very end then it started to get a little grainy.  I quickly poured the soap and prayed for the best…I was hoping that the heat from the poured and covered soap would heat up the mixture enough to do away with the grainy look.

Bottm has a slight grainy look to it.

It worked.  The very top of the exposed sides of the bars have a slight grainy look but the rest of the bars smoothed out and look good.  I did a little bit of trimming and ended up with a not so bad bar or soap, that should work great!

The rest of the bar came out nice and smooth! I embedded some flowers for flair.

I love the little embedded hearts in this bar.

A little bit of fun!

Finished soaps!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: