I was so excited to make my soap with silk and almond milk in it only to have it fail! Four pounds of soap! My soap was extremely brittle. So hard I couldn’t even slice it it just split into pieces. I wasn’t sure what I’d done wrong. So I did some research and discovered that brittle soap means too much lye. This is a first for me. I’ve had grainy soap, liquid goop soap that never turned into anything (I had too much water in it) and all other variations of failed soap.
I think I’ve just about had experienced it all now. Anyway I went back to my recipe and reran it through the lye calculator and realized that somehow my lye calculations were off. By over 2 oz!!!! No idea how I messed that up, but I did. I will probably give the soap another go cause I was so excited about this facial soap!