I’ve had all the supplies I need to make bath bomb cupcakes for a while now. I’ve just never gotten around to it. I finally did on Tuesday! The bath fizzie part was easy. I’ve made enough fizzies to know what to do and what to expect. I was interested to see how they’d turn out being crammed into a paper cupcake holder. I had a hard time really getting it packed.
The tops were interesting! I made my mix and it was really thick! I managed to pipe one cupcake before I broke my bag. So I went back and added some water to the mixture to thin it up a bit. It made it a little easier to pipe but because it wasn’t as stiff it kind of settled and the cupcakes aren’t as “big” as I’m used to.
The frosting makes good bubbles though! At least it did when I cleaned up. So I’m excited to see how it works after drying for 24 hours.
I made the bottoms cherry-almond and the tops vanilla oak. It’s not the sweet vanilla and I think it complements the cherry-almond pretty well.
Twenty-Four Hours Later
The tops are firmly attached to the bottoms :) – Yes this makes me happy. I’ve heard so many people having problems getting the two to stick so I was worried. The frosting did settle, but they still look cute. I packaged them in my little clear boxes. Just have to add labels.