I have to say I LOVE how this soap came out. As I was pouring it the layers all looked the same to me, but once I cut it I saw the gradation of colors and fell in love! I’ve already got ideas to try this method again on future batches. I made this batch in Juniper-Sage. Happy soaper here this week!
I went a little overboard with the pictures I know… :D
I’d previously made a batch of Juniper-Sage soap. I used the same green, though the first batch it’s darker as it wasn’t diluted with white. And I swirled the top portion. I photographed the two together.
And this was an attempt at a gradient from red to orange to yellow and it totally didn’t work. The fragrance oil was dark and the pink/red just morphed and the yellow completely overtook the orange and didn’t really do a gradient. I was going for a tropical drink. The white chunks are supposed to be ice cubes.
You will be seeing more soaps with gradients from me! I’ve fallen in love with the technique and I’ve already got three other batches planned that use the technique (with a new twist or element of course!) Here’s to seeing how they turn out. Stay tuned!