I’ve got lots of ideas I want to try as I move forward but here the first 4 designs I experimented with.
I can’t tell you how pleased I was with these. They make me smile every time I look at them. I had to make the cookie embeds and the white of the eyes one day. Then I pipped the black on the eyes another day and then I finally make the base to embed the eyes and cookies into. A lot of work but worth it!
When it was all done this is what I got:
Prince Charming (a.k.a Froggie)
Fact #8 about me…I have a slight obsession with frogs…it’s all my family’s fault. In college my mom got me a frog and made some comment about finding my prince charming and it seems ever since that moment people started associating me with frogs and well…you should see the college of frog items I have around the house.
This one involved a little bit of prep work too. I had to make the eyes ahead of time. Similar to the cookie monster eyes I poured a white base (cookie cutter cut circles from the flat batch, these eyes are larger than the cookie monster eyes). Then the next day I piped the black eyes. Then from there I made the frogs.
There’s just something about pirates! They make me smile and want to play my Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack. The black got a little too thick on me and it was hard to pipe the face. Next time I’ll do better. :D
I’ve been obsessed lately with anything cherry so that’s kind of how these came about. Pink and white swirled bases with come cherries on top. :D