If you know me at all you know I LOVE embeds. Probably half the soaps I make include embeds. They’re a lot of work, but there’s just something about the finish soaps that I LOVE! And so I continue to use embeds. I’ve been playing around with a new technique:Dusting Embeds. I’m having so much fun with it. I didn’t just make one soap for this challenge. I made a bunch. Here are some of the soaps I made over the past two weeks:
Berry Mimosa: This soap came about because I was dying to make a soap that was gray, black, and pink. I simply split the batch and colored one half gray and the other black and then dusted the pink embeds in white and embedded those in the middle to separate the layers. Simple but I really like it.
Passionfruit Nectarine: This one I was experimenting with my “Micro Mica Veins” technique. I do like the simplicity of this design.
Yuzu & Grapefruit: This one was a result of having left over hearts from some other batches. I was playing about with them and discovered that they looked cool stacked on top of each other and I just embedded them in a simple white base to make the hearts stand out.
Pink Sangria: All I did here was make a partial loaf of black and white. Then I sliced them into thin strips, made a new batch and embedded the strips into it. I actually really like how it turned out!
This one isn’t part of the challenge since it’s got MP embeds in it, but it’s a new soap I’ve made and it’s got embeds so I’m posting pics :)
Margarita Lime: I used both CP and MP embeds in this soap. I was trying to make it remind you of the drink with the MP ice cube look on top and the salt. I wanted a contrast between all the green in the soap so I used brown embeds that I dusted in a dark green. I do like how the soap turned out, but I wish I’d made the brown embeds smaller.