Last summer I started playing around with an under eye balm recipe. I’d gotten a couple sample oils from the soap conference that were more exotic and too nice to (I thought) use in soap. I was reading one of the blogs I followed that had posted a recipe that used one of those oils and I got inspired to try and create my own “eye butter.”
The first batch worked well enough, but it was not what I was going for. I tried to whip the butter but that ended up no working and it didn’t cool evenly so it was a little grainy and just overall it worked but I wasn’t happy.
I adjusted my recipe a bit and I liked it, but it wasn’t what I wanted. I set it aside when the holidays came (there was no time to do much of anything outside of restocks!). I started playing around again with it in January.
I had narrowed down my trial recipes to one (with two variations). One contained beeswax while the other didn’t. I loved the final results. I’m having some people test it and so far results have been good. Always excited when I create a new recipe to my satisfaction!
The beeswax is a balm (and I really like it…it should hold up well in the summer). The other which has no beeswax I whipped it. And I actually LOVE this one. I’ve noticed that it’s really not greasy either. I’ve been using it on my entire face not just under the eyes.