I changed up the design for Cedar and Balsam this year. I just was 1) sick of making cubes and 2) frustrated with the extra cure time this soap always needed (for whatever reason it always was extra soft). And the design had gotten boring to me after three years of using it. So this year I went to my tree mold and used those to embed in a swirl of different greens/grays.
The first batch didn’t turn out quite as I wanted. There wasn’t enough of a distinction between the tree green and the batch green. The second batch I dusted the trees in a black mica and that gave it the distinction I was looking for and I like them much better.