2017: A Look Forward
What are my goals for 2017? Well I’m glad you asked! What do I want to accomplish in 2017? Oh quite a lot! You know overachiever that I am. 😉
- Increase my profit by 25%. To do this I have to bring in more sales, which means I HAVE to have help…i.e. I have to have an employee. I can make the product, but I need to sell more, to do so I need to do more events, which means double booking, which means I have to have someone to covered those events.
- Higher a part-time employee. <– This looks calmly typed and doesn’t portray the excitement/fear/anxiousness/giddiness of how I really feel ha!
- Each year I’ve introduced new products (and removed those that weren’t selling). At this point I’ve about got my set up set. I know what fits in my display, what I can travel well with from event to event, what holds up in the heat…you get the picture. I really don’t have anything I want to introduce or anything that I feel is a good time to introduce with where I am. So, I don’t have plans to have new products this year.
- However, on to point four, I do have plans to experiment with new products. Shaving soap, liquid soap, foaming bath whip, and cream soap. Most of these are all things I need to know for the Master Exam and to further my soapy knowledge (for my own personal satisfaction).
- Grow my online sales. This has been a long slow tedious process that I will continue to work on year after year!
- Grow my sales for custom wedding/shower (baby & bridal) showers. I did do more favors this year than last year, but I need to find ways to get them out there in front of the target customer. Part of that involves me getting out there and partnering up with local florists and caterers and seeing if they’ll be willing to work together with me. Definitely a plan I need to spell out and set clear goals for myself.
- Continue to grow my teaching classes.
- Start forming the Local New England Soap Guild Chapter. As secretary, much of this will fall on my shoulders for getting it started and initiating everything. It’ll be a challenge and I’ll have to make sure I schedule time for it, but I’m excited about it.
- Take (and pass) the Advance MP certification test…since I didn’t get it done last year.
- Submit a class proposal for the 2018 Soap Conference. Nope, I’m not telling what the topic is yet. Ha! And yes this is a different idea/class than the one I submitted two years ago, which wasn’t accepted.
- Sign up for the Master CP Soap Exam. And start really PREPPING and studying and learning all that I need to pass said exam.
- Continue to save a percentage of every sale for future plans.