Years ago, back in 2006 or 2007 (it’s been awhile), then casting agent Chad Darnell started something called “12 of 12”. On the 12th day of each month you had to take 12 pictures of your day. Then post them in a blog posts (which we would then link/share back to Chad’s original post). It was just something different and something fun.
A bit of background: I knew Chad through a Crossing Jordan webpage I created. He did casting for Alias and Crossing Jordan and eventually became a writer on Crossing Jordan. He’s currently working on Mercy Street (for any of you that watch that show on PBS).
Anyway, about a month ago for whatever random reason this game popped into my head and I thought this would be fun to do with soap! But, I figured it needed some altering, because I’m not necessarily doing soap on the 12th day of every month. Before I could work out the details January had passed, but I think I’ve figured out a way to morph the game just a tad! So, I’m going to start in February! (Even if I’m a few days behind).
Here we go!
- Each month document your soaping/bath product making in 12 pictures.
- One picture MUST be taken on the 12th of the month. If you’re not making/working/doing something soap related that day it’s ok! Take a picture of your empty work space, or if you’re on vacation share a vaca photo. You just have to have one photo taken on the 12th.
- Create a blog post of your 12 pictures (with a one or two sentence explanation)!
- Post the blog post on the last day of the month.
- Feel free to link your post back to mine so others can see your posts.
On February 28th I’ll post my first “12 in 12” (I did change the name slightly to match up a bit more with the morphed version of this game). Feel free to participate and post your own “12 in 12” as well!
I think this will be, if nothing else, fascinating for me to go and look back over the past 11 months at the end of the year to see how my work load changes. And how I documented it in pictures! And hopefully, you my loyal readers, will enjoy the journey I share as well!