Now that we reviewed 2017, let’s look at what I hope to accomplish in 2018!
- Increase sales by 25%. Yup, I’m dreaming big again!
- Increase online sales. This is kind of a two part plan. I’ve been working on growing my online sales, but in conjuncture with that I need to update my webpage. I’ve been doing research on new site platforms and compiling a list of everything I want in my new webpage and I plan to start building that in January and hopefully launch the new site in February. Change is good!
- Update/Change my current batch code system. With moving and setting up a dedicated studio space I’m been trying to fully set up/update/comply with GMP standards and with that I’ve come up with a better/new way to do my batch code system. My goal this year is to get it fully implemented.
- Continue teaching and expand on where I teach, classes I teach, and do more Library Presentations. I’d also like to try and figure out how to really launch a kids soap making program. This is very dependent on my time, which is going to be occupied by many things this year.
- Get our Local New England Chapter up and running. This includes creating a mailing list so I can easily reach out to all our members. Putting together and holding a couple “get togethers” this year. Proctoring a test session. Three things to start and then I can build on that.
- Revamp my bath bomb sizes, labels, and packaging. (To be fair I started this the end of 2017, but I need to fully implement it now).
- Work on my Master Exam. This includes getting my Research Project Proposal approved. Doing the research I need for Part 4 of the exam. And working in the studio experimenting and learning to make the soaps I need to for Part 1. I have a lot of work that must get done this winter. I cannot put it off.
- New Products: I want to play around with bath bomb/bubble bath cupcakes. Whether they’d be introduced as a new product I don’t know, but it’s been on my list of items I want experiment with.
- If time permits work on growing sales of my custom favor soaps.
- Less is More: I have a pretty complex set up. For big winter shows it’s worth it. But for 2018, especially over the summer I want to streamline my set up to just a 6′ table. I have created lovely set ups with just one table. It needs to be my goal for summer markets. I spend a lot of time on set up/take down and I want to reduce my set up time to under 45 minutes this year. The time I’ll save if I can do that would be like a two week vacation!
- There are a couple items I want to market to a specific audience. I need to put together a proposal and contact companies and really see if there’s an interest. This is a *wish list* item. I have a lot to accomplish this year with the work I need to do for the Master’s Exam on top of just keeping up with the regular business stuff. If I get to this great. If I don’t there is always next year. I just have to set my priorities for the year.
There are a lot of BIG items on this list. I’ve prioritized my list so I know what’s most important. I’ll try and do it all! It’s gonna be interesting to look back at this list come January 2019! Here’s to making 2018 an amazing year!