Now that we’ve seen how 2015 went, it’s time for me to list my goals for 2016.
- Increase my profit by 50%. Last year’s goal of doubling my profit was a big one, and a big step up in my business. I did it. This year if I can increase it by 50% it’ll be a good year. If it so happens I can increase it more I’ll take it! But an increase like that will mean I’ll have to re-approach how I make things because there’s only one of me and only so many hours in the day to get stuff done!
- Grow my customer base. Yes, this is the same goal as last year and it will be a goal next year and the year after and the year after that…you get the point.
- Introduce some new products. On my list of new products: shower tabs, cream soap, liquid soap, foaming bath whip, and maybe a shampoo bar. There are many other things I want to experiment with, but this is the list for this year.
- Grow my online sales.
- Grow my sales for custom wedding/shower (baby & bridal) showers. I started that this year and I had so much fun making these custom favors. I hope to continue to grow this side of my business.
- Expand the number of classes I teach (and where I teach).
- Attend the 2016 Soap Conference in Tampa.
- Take (and pass) the Basic and Advance MP certification tests (at the soap conference). This shouldn’t be hard. And while MP is just not my thing, I do teach and I think having these certifications is a must for me.
- Start working/prepping for the CP Master Exam. My goal this year is to get my act together. That means learning how to make liquid and cream soap. It means deciding on the topics I want to write/research for part 3 & 4 of the test. It means starting to study the essay questions and know the answers backwards and forwards. Because come 2017 I plan to register to TAKE the Master Exam!
- Save a percentage of every sale for a really BIG (potential) goal that is (potentially) years away. (Yes, this goal is back and will continue to come back until I reach said goal!)
I’m sure some other goals will pop up throughout the year, but these are the big ones I hope to achieve. I’m excited to start working on them! Bring it 2016! I’m ready for you!