Inspirational Friday

June 17, 2016

get stronger

Just think…when you think something that was once hard is now easy…it doesn’t necessarily mean it is easy, but you’ve grown.  You conquered one challenge and are on to the next!

Black Currant Vanilla

June 15, 2016

Do you like the black raspberry vanilla scent?  If you do you’ll probably like this one.  I call it the tangier-tarter version of raspberry vanilla.  It’s got that sweet undertone, but there’s a bit of a kick to it.  I really like it.  I was surprised HOW much I liked it.

This soap did NOT go as planned when I was making it.  It was supposed to be mostly white with purple and gray swirls in it.  Well when I added the fragrance the soap go super thin and when I tried to swirl it everything kind of mixed together and I got this purplish-grayish (distinctly lacking white) soap.  I mean it’s still pretty, but I KNEW what I was going for and this was not it!


Available on my webpage!

Apricot & Peaches

June 11, 2016

The goal of this soap was to get embedded cubes (of different oranges) in a light orange base soap.  I made plenty of embeds, but when I cut the soap I missed most of them! (The pictured one has the best bare of the bunch for actually hitting the embeds!)  So as you use the soap you’ll see different colors emerging.  The smell is nice and light and sweet and fruity.  It’s a perfect summer blend. I put one aside for me already!


Available on my webpage!

PS: A little side note – I meant to have an apricot in the picture too, but somehow (despite having a list) I walked out of the food store without an apricot!)

Vanilla Bean

June 7, 2016

I’ve been asked a lot for vanilla, so here we go: vanilla!  I really dislike the smell of straight vanilla.  It’s too sweet for me and this soap it definitely one I’ll never use.  However for everyone that’s asked for vanilla now’s your chance to get it!

Vanilla Bean: is a sweet, sugary aroma of fresh vanilla beans.


Available on my webpage!

2016 Soap Conference

June 3, 2016

Another Soap Conference is in the books–my third.  It’s three days of craziness, but an inspiring craziness.  I learned some new things, reinforced some known things, and overall felt that my knowledge as a soaper has grown.

I attended a variety of classes from Good Manufacturing PracticesProduct Regulations, Bubble Bars, Cream Soap Making, and Making Shaving Soap.  The two I was most excited for were the cream soap and shaving soap. I’ve been doing a lot of research on those two topics in particular and I’ve just not make the jump to “start” experimenting.  I think part of my problem is I’ve read TOO much.  So much so that I get overwhelmed by all the (conflicting–at times) information out there.  Basically I need to experiment and discover my own methods that work for me.  That’s what I’m hoping to sit down and do this June.  If I put it off June will become July, and then August…and then it’ll be 2017!

I didn’t have my act together completely before I left.  I’d planned to take both the MP Basic and Advanced Certification Tests at the conference.  (I don’t do much with MP–mostly just teaching it with kids–but I figured I do teach it and I should get those two tests done and out of the way.)  I took (and passed) the basic, but I didn’t have my soaps made in enough time in advanced to take the Advanced.  I’ll finish up the soap testing this month and then just go to a local test center and take the Advanced test to get it out of the way.

Then!  It’s full force ahead for the Masters.  I’ve started studying (i.e. doing research and experimenting) with many of the portions on the test, but now it’s time to REALLY turn my focus to learning ALL aspects of the Masters Exam so I can officially register for it next year.

The venue was a beautiful place.  The weather was hot (which I wasn’t complaining about seeing as I was coming from raining cold 50-60 temps).  I made an awesome new soapy friend (we roomed together). And overall had a great time.

My goals for the next month:

  • Make Cream Soap
  • Make Shaving Soap
  • Take Advanced MP Certification
  • Experiment with natural Deodorant
  • Continue to put together my “long term goal” plan

Those are some good goals and my goal is to make blog posts about them as I go.


May we all remember those who gave all…

May 30, 2016

As Memorial Day falls upon us again I want to take a special moment to remember all who gave their lives for this great country of ours.

All gave some. Some gave all.


In the words of General George S. Patton:

“Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.”

Inspirational Friday

May 28, 2016

I’m screaming with pleasure and fun😉.  I’ve had a pretty awesome May.  I just attended the annual Soap Conference and then took a four day vacation at Disney World.  To say I’ve been enjoying the ride this past week might be a bit of an understatement!

2015-07-06 06.44.29


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 275 other followers